Friday, June 6, 2008

Lions, Tigers and Vampires oh my!

One of my friends said her daughter was mad for Stephanie Meyer books. She recommended Twilight for Bri to read. I checked out the book. I started reading the first chapter. What? Vampires! My very, very conservative friend recommended a vampire book to my 12 year old!?! I’ve read some vampire books and none of them have been appropriate for tweens. I was shocked but this one was different. It was compelling. I’ve read it twice. I might even let Bri borrow it long enough to read it. And if I don’t well, the movie is coming out in December.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait until she is older.

Do you think it is necessary to expose her to a bizarre, morbid obsession about love just because it is the popular thing to do? Not the best morals in the books either. ("I will not sleep with him because it would kill me, but, if it didn't, I would!" ???What is that about???)

But, then again, you know that I am a prude ;)
--bean

Anonymous said...

don't hate me...I am much too opinionated for my own good...
--bean

Life as the mother of 4 said...

I'm pretty opinionated myself.

Anonymous said...

TWILIGHT IS THE MOST AWESOME BOOK IN THE WORLD!!!!! and yes its even better than harry potter, i would know, im obsessed lol dont wrry u can let her read it, its not like other vamp books, and stephenie is LDS believe it or not

amelia

Anonymous said...

You two are funny :) I helped Charlie put together a new Bar-B-Q... no more waiting for the food to cook ;) August here we come.

~JD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...