Thursday, March 31, 2011

What smells like mildew?


Oh, it’s you.  That’s the bad part.  The good part is that when I was at the house with the plasterer getting a bid on redoing the plaster and taking down the walls the police showed up.  The neighbors called them.  “You know, someone stole the copper pipes in this house,” they told me.

“Yes, I’m aware of that.”  I responded.  Then they ignored me and talked to the plasterer.  Who is, by the way, going to gut my basement up to the ceiling.  Bad part-- not until Monday.  (I’m going to try to sweet talk him into starting earlier.)  Good part – he gave me advice about renting and suggested we not refinish the basement so as to discourage additional illegal renters in the basement.  Good part – he’s going to hook us up with a dumpster.  Bad part – my basement is still damp.

I tried to cut a little bit of the plaster (it’s not drywall – I didn’t know) off the wall but got bored within 5 minutes.  (And my husband’s little saw thing freaked me out a little.)  I have some skills but I think it more along the lines of handing my husband tools and being verbally supporting.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...