Thursday, February 25, 2010

Will hates Band-Aids

He hates them so much, in fact, that I don’t bother putting them on him.  I’ve tried putting band-aids, etc. on him when he is asleep.  He’ll wake up, rip it off, give me a dirty look; then he’ll roll over and go back to sleep.  Last night when we sat on the couch cuddling he noticed a band-aid on my arm.  He started to rip it off.  (I noticed because it hurt.)  I told him no, I actually wanted to keep that on.  Once he understood how odd I was, he started pinching the band-aid.  As I had skin under the band-aid I told him to stop.  He was upset and eventually stopped messing with it but it really, really bothered him.  

The poor kid has no idea what’s in store for him!  Prior to his last IEP meeting I told his team I wanted a goal around Will wearing band-aids.  And yes, I realize he will hate me for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's okay if your kids hate you a little. You might even say it's some times in your job description and you are not doing your job if they are not quite annoyed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...