Friday, February 12, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: otherwise known as Mythology rewritten for an audience that never read anything that wasn’t required reading in high school

Jake’s birthday party was cancelled during Christmas vacation because he got sick.  Then the kids had skiing lessons on Friday nights and …..  Anyway, it was rescheduled for tonight.  I took boys to the Percy Jackson movie.  After it ended I heard a lot of complains about how the movie differed from the book.  Not that I disagree but the differences led to a heated discussion.  My favorite comment?  Oh, that would be –“I love how well Percy fought after one lesson!”

1 comment:

Eileen said...

You are so funny!

I have not seen the movie, because I'm cheap like that. I will rent it when it comes to Redbox. However, I read the books and enjoyed them. :P

Someone recommended Georgette Heyer as a Jane Austen-esque writter. I just finished one book and enjoyed it. So, I checked another one out of the library. I need to get my reading in before it is spring and yard work needs to be done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...