Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hope for the Future

While I was driving the kids to their Monday lessons Bri casually mentioned that their school had an election. I asked her who she voted for. “Obama,” she replied.

“You know that your dad and I are voting for Obama, too.” I said.

“I know, but that’s not why I’m voting for him.”

“Really? Why are you voting for him?”

“I believe that Obama thinks carefully about his decisions before making them. McCain would do whatever he thought was right then. McCain would try to win the war though the military even though the General of the Army said that we can’t win this war through weapons. I think Obama will find a better way to get us out of the war.”

Then, as my heart swelled with pride, she reinforced my belief in the usual thought processes of twelve-year olds by adding, “And I liked the videos supporting Obama on YouTube better.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...