Friday, November 21, 2008

Contemplating my Mortality

I was driving Will back to school on route 9 when I noticed the driver of the car in front of me obviously was in a quandary over which lane she wanted to drive in. This is completely understandable as sometimes I have a hard time choosing an entree. I slowed down and gave her some space to decide; well, really I just wasn’t brave enough to try to squeeze through. I watched in awe as she drove throughWellesley straddling the dashed line markers. As the traffic got heavier I agonized over the decision that she must now feel forced to make -- but I underestimated her. She just scooted over a little. Someone driving a Spider noticed how close she was and swerved into the breakdown lane. I felt a little more concern when she turned towards Will’s school as autistic children might not know to dive out of the way if someone was driving on the wrong side of the road. Fortunately, she turned off; but as I drove past I creened my neck to look for the flask in her car.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...