Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Book Updates

Recommended and Recently Read in Young Adult Fiction:

Matched by Ally Condie  LOVED. IT. DYING. FOR. THE. NEXT. IN. THE. SERIES.

The Keepers'Tattoo by Gill Arbuthnott

The Unidentified by Rae Mariz

Recommended in Adult Non-Fiction:

Crazy like us: the globalization of the American psyche by Ethan Watters.  This book was very interesting, readable and thought provoking.  I read it in two days and when my husband asked for an interesting book to read on his flight to Las Vegas I didn’t share it with him because I didn’t want to wait to finish it.  Yeah, it’s that good!

Confessions of a prairie bitch: how I survived Nellie Oleson and learned to love being hated by Alison Arngrim.  Very funny; and no, I don’t hate Nellie anymore.

In the middle of but definitely plan to finish:

What the dog saw and other adventure stories by Malcolm Gladwell.  The chapter on breast cancer was fascinating. 

How to teach life skills to kids with autism or Asperger's by Jennifer McIlwee Myers.  Very interesting and pertinent; I can’t finish it until my husband returns because this is the book I sent with him to Vegas (I can only hope it doesn’t stay in Vegas!).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...