Saturday, October 17, 2009

New York City

Apparently Marcy had a good enough time in NYC with me that she decided to head back this weekend. I don’t blame her.

We got there Friday afternoon after stopping in Connecticut for lunch in her old home town. We had to triple park in front of the hotel and after we entered we saw an entourage of men waiting for someone. We took that as a sign that we’d picked a good hotel.

Because we’d purposely left our children behind in Massachusetts we were able to cram our weekend full of art. We went to the of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Guggenheim. It was wonderful! I feel the need to say that again. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!

I love modern art and I saw some lovely Monets and Mondrians. I saw so many artists I love and wonderful paintings and sculpture. I love to see the brush strokes and to see the painting from different angles and distances. It makes me happy just thinking about it. (And, seriously, after I die I am going to track down some artists and beg them to paint something for me!) Art is good.

Because we are connected – well, Marcy’s friend’s brother knows someone who invested in the traveling show Wicked – we were able to score producer house seats for Wicked; which was fabulous! I really liked it and recommend that you see it and spurge for good seats! The next night we saw Shrek. Shrek … hum, well I still regret that we didn’t see Hair instead.

The only thing we didn’t do in NY that we wanted was walk through Central Park Sunday morning because it was raining. This was especially sad because it was Marcy’s only request and because our hotel was directly across from it.

But we went to the Carnegie Deli and had the full tourist experience minus the celebrity sighting. I tried an egg cream but I didn’t like it. I apologist to purists everywhere for this comment in advance but I thought it was the equivalent of mixing Hershey Syrup with milk.

Naturally, we both left things in the hotel room after we checked out, that we had to retrieve and we both brought far too many clothes and shoes but it was a great trip! The only thing that would have made our NYC trip perfect would be an early showing of SNL, a piece of chocolate cake and dinner with Jon Stewart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun. Maybe when you come out.. you and Jared could help build a shed. Wouldn't that be fun!! On a serious note, we will be putting Dusty down in the next couple of days :( She is old and suffering. I really do not want to do this.

Life as the mother of 4 said...

Sorry about Daisy! I will volunteer all my children to help build your shed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...