Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kitchen Mishap

No, I'm not talking about the one on Saturday courtesy of Will. Saturday I was minding my own business frantically painting while he poured out the soy milk, and mixed it with sour cream, squash and a couple of things I wasn’t sure of and then couldn’t decide whether he was cooking it on the stove, in the oven or if we should just eat it off the floor.

Yesterday’s mishap was all mine. I thought I had my pressure cooker all figured out; well, no, no, I don’t. I wish I had the instruction book (even if it’s written in German). However, I do have a recommendation for other people out there – Don’t use a pressure cooker to make split pea soup! Bad things can happen!

I was minding my own business, secure in the knowledge that I’d made dinner when I heard a sound like an air compressor. Jake asked what it was. I reassured him that his father was just nailing something with his air gun – but he wasn’t. (He was on the roof, with the leaf blower, blowing pine needles off the roof.) When I walked into the kitchen I saw split pea liquid had sprayed out of the pan onto the counter and microwave. I thought that sort of stuff wasn’t suppose to happen with a pressure cooker!

Maybe they have a how to cook with a pressure cooker class though an adult continuing education class. And perhaps I shouldn’t use it again until I take that class.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...