Thursday, February 19, 2009

Superheroes

A couple of weeks ago I overheard the kids talking about what superpower they wished they had. Jake wants power over electricity. You know, that could be really useful if I ever wanted toast or when dogs pee on my grass.

Bri wants to be able to make wishes come true. Isn’t that adorable! She wants to be a Fairy Godmother. That could come in handy if I ever was a servant with a really, really mean step-mother who made me do lots of scrubbing or sift legumes out from ashes.

But Lizzy? She wanted the superpower to take other superheroes’ power. That child does not mess around! Does anyone else watch Heroes? I’m noticing disturbing parallels between her and Sylar. Hey, wait a minute . . . that could come in handy too. I’d have my own personally enforcer! I’d be unstoppable!

Sorry, -- got a little carried away with my imagined power.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO mom. I would wish something like "I wish my enemy was a fly" then i would swap it. I WIN!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...