Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Little Information Junkie!

This morning Jake woke me up at 6:45 and said Bri missed her bus. I assumed it was because Will, having eaten a pretzel which is the equivalent of him taking illegal drugs, woke up at 3:30am and spent the next few hours running around the house yelling; and I, when I heard Bri up at 6:00am, asked her to turn on the TV for him. I assumed that she was caught up in whatever show he was watching and lost track of time. And I was about half right.

I asked her about it on the way to school. “Did you miss the bus because you were watching TV?” I asked her. I wasn’t even upset about her missing her bus because she gets herself up at 5:45am every morning, makes her own breakfast and lunch, and leaves for the bus every morning before I even get out of bed. And this is only the second time she’s missed the bus this school year!

“Yes,” she responded, “because I watched his TV show instead of mine.”

“What do you usually watch?”

“The ABC News,” she said.

“What?!”

“I like to know what the weather is like and where the accidents are and the ABC News has a clock on the screen so I know what time it is.” She explained. “Sometimes there are interesting stories. Did you know mom, that they’re debating requiring people to wear helmets while they sled because a lot of kids have gotten hurt.”

“Yeah, I read something about that.” But I didn’t know she knew! MY TWELVE YEAR OLD WATCHES THE MORNING NEWS! I had no idea. If I had watched TV in the morning at that age it would have been cartoons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, read my version:

“The News,” she said.

“On what channel?”

"ABC

"why?"

"Because it has a clock on the botom of the screen."

"You watch the News!?"

“I like to know what the weather is like and the ABC News has a clock on the screen so I know what time it is.” She explained. “it also tells where accidents are and sometimes there are interesting stories. Did you know mom, that they’re debating requiring people to wear helmets while they sled because a lot of kids have gotten hurt.”

“Yeah, I read something about that.”


P.S. (sometimes because its boring) Who knows why I watch something because its boring?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...