Saturday, June 11, 2011

I blocked the TV

I’ve decided to have a TVless summer because I’m a super good mother who feeds her children 5 servings of vegetables a day and cares deeply about her children’s behavioral repertoire being filled with reruns of Phineas and Ferb on Netflix rather than reading, math drills, etc. because they were watching so much TV and not doing their jobs and homework and it was pissing me off

Two days later I realize I need to put a code on Will’s iPad to keep Jacob off it because apparently the very real risk of getting pinched by Will for touching precious (his iPad) is outweighed by Jacob’s media addiction!  And Lizzy agreed with me that she had a problem was watching too much TV.

Apparently I need to sign up my children for a ten step media addiction program!

I am so very, very proud.[i]



[i]Why do I feel that I need to withdraw my name for consideration for Mother of the Year?  I really felt I had it in the bag this year … and now this!  It’s really frustrating because I’ve been a mother for 15 years and I still haven’t won.  (I suspect the judges are biased.  Just sayin’.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...