Friday, November 20, 2009

Fallout

After I commented on an article in Wired I was listed as a proponent of “safe vaccines” on a blog. It seemed to be dedicated to collecting links to bloggers who hate people like me and like to write objectionable things about anyone who dares question the safety of vaccines.

The whole wretched tale begins at I just called out Dr. Parikh! The comments led me on a road of personal discovery -- Embarking on a New Career and finally to Comments About My Email.

During this process I thought a lot about the irony of the “defenders of the herd’s” objections to name calling when directed towards the wrong side (do I even need to state that it appears to be applauded when directed towards the safe vaccine side). So, I wrote Unfortunately, the “Pro-Vaccine” Movement Regards Shrillness as More Effective than a Rational and Civil Discussion. Then I thought about branding. Why have we allowed ourselves to be labeled “anti-vaccine?” It doesn’t accurately reflect our position and the label allows our position to be marginalized.

2 comments:

ChildHealthSafety said...

You are not anti-vaccine. The issue is child health safety and you are pro child health safety.

You are a child health safety campaigner.

It sure shuts the morons up pretty quickly when they try on the "anti-vaccine" label libel,

Anonymous said...

Excellent comment - ChildHelathSafety - Marcy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...