Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Help Please"

This morning, after Jake and Lizzy had left for the bus stop, I was finishing up a few things to get Will ready when he came in the bathroom and said, “Help please.” He handed me the bloody, stainless steel crown covered tooth that he’d been trying to put back in his mouth.

“Oh crap, his tooth broke off!” I thought. I told him to open his mouth. I looked in and saw what I thought was a root amidst the blood. As I was mentally calling the dentist I looked out the window and his bus in the driveway. Then I realized with relief it was a baby tooth. So, I gave him a rag and put him on the bus in his bloody pants…. But I called his school so they wouldn’t freak out at the sight of my blood soaked boy.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Wow! I would have been panicking too. I'm glad is was just a baby tooth.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...