Friday, January 23, 2009

One More Reason Not to Be a Boy

My son and my husband are OUTSIDE SLEEPING IN A TENT! Yes, right now. And no, it’s not because they are homeless. It is because Jake is a boy scout and boy scouts do those kinds of things -- things that don’t make sense to the rest of us. Frankly, my brother’s decision to drop out of boy scouts is becoming easier and easier to understand. I imagine the conversation my brother had years ago with his scout leader. “Yeah, we’re going on a camp out. It’ll be awesome!”

My brother in response, “Uh, it’s January.”

“We’ll build a snow cave to sleep in.”

“My ancestors came from Europe. We don’t know how to do that kind of stuff. You know, camping in snow when it's below freezing sounds great if you’re into that sort of thing but I’d rather sleep in a house with heat and plumbing.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...