Monday, August 15, 2011

Jane's Garden is trying to kill me

A gardening layperson might not realize that gardening is dangerous and would try to argue that the problem is actually me.

They would be wrong.

Occasionally when I hang out with my sister Jane I try to help her with her garden.  Not because I like gardening or want to be helpful but because she blocks the TV and blocks any computer site I want to waste time on.

Jane is exhausting to watch.  Between the constant cleaning, huge garden and bundle of kids she is always busy. I think I missed out genetically on whatever she has, but because I don't want her to think I'm a total slacker I help out even though I'd rather spend my day watching Charmed.

On Friday I offered to pick peaches for her because I love peaches and it isn't a lot of work to pick a basket.  While picking -- I WAS STABBED BY A EARWIG!  It hurt!  I shook my hand frantically trying to remove it from my hand.  It wouldn't come off.  I disgustedly thought I was going to have to touch it to get it out of my hand.  At which point I shook even harder and it finally came off.

I was done picking peaches.

I went over and started picking beans.  I stepped on a bee.  I am allergic to bees so that was a problem.  Fortunately two benadryls helped and my foot didn't swell up.  Both times I've stepped on a bee (because 3 out of the 3 times I've been stung I stepped on it-- I consider that a talent) I swelled up to my knee and couldn't walk for two days.

Status:  Really happy that I can walk and my leg didn't fall off.  Considering cutting out a chunk from the bottom of my foot because it itches and hurts and drives me crazy when I walk on it.

Jane's Garden, Well Played.  You win this time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...