Friday, October 1, 2010

Sometimes I am remarkably like a man

I called my sister.  She asked me what I was doing for my husband’s birthday.  “Thanks for reminding me!”  I said, “My kids get testy when he doesn’t get a cake.”  Later on that day when I talked to my mom she causally worked his birthday into the conversation.  “Oh, yeah, I have something planned.”  I told her.  And I did . . . now that I remembered.

I don’t buy my husband any presents because if he wants something he buys it himself.  But if I was going to buy him something this year, I would have bought him a blender (truly – hand raised; look, I also give bad man gifts or money) . . . I broke our blender making green smoothies and made him a little sad).   

Hmm, perhaps creativity is not one of my strengths.  For the first ten years we were married I bought him socks every year for his birthday and occasionally for Christmas.  But don’t feel too sorry for him because last Christmas he bought me a ladder.  Seriously, and I didn’t ask for one or anything!

And every year on my birthday and Christmas I remind him how lucky he is to be married to me because other women might get really upset if they got a ladder from their husband of 18 years!

BTW, Eileen please remind me two days before my anniversary, thanks.

4 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Oh my. This is very interesting! I guess I'm the opposite..showering the birthday person with love, appreciation, gifts and cake with way too much frosting! ha.

Life as the mother of 4 said...

Man... I wish you were on call. That way I'd have the best of both worlds.

Eileen said...

I wish I could take credit and therefore be more accomidating for your anniversary. But, I don't think it was me.

Oops! Happy B-day Jared!

And if I am as forgetful as I am currently, Happy B-day to you too!

Anonymous said...

Hey, what's wrong with a ladder? I bought your mom two, for the house.

I just counted, I have eight. I cary one in my pickup, just in case?

Jared probably thought it's a family thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...