Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday

Will's school had a fall festival today. I donated GFCF cupcakes for the bake sale -- then bought one for Will. Is that poor planning?

I spent a ridiculous amount of money on food. Will spent his time either on rides or swinging. Bri spent an hour designing a sign for the parents group's table. Jake ate cotton candy then went home early to play with Dav and Lizzy brought home a bag of toys. Needless to say, fun for everyone.

Then my husband's cousin and her husband came over for dinner. They just moved here. Matt is going to BC. I asked what he's studying. Epidemiology. Really!

I was so excited. I told him about a study that was just published in the Annals of Epidemiology that said that U.S. male babies vaccinated with hepatitis B vaccine had a 3-fold greater risk of ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder); and that the risk was greatest for non-white boys. Then I got to talk about vaccines and autism for a couple of hours. Fun for everyone! Well ... at least for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...