Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pictures on the Internet

I listened to Sarah Palin’s resignation speech on the internet a couple of days ago. While she rambled on I heard her say something about people mocking her son Trig who has Down Syndrome. My ears perked up because I had heard nothing about this, so I googled it. (I will not link to it because it offends me!) I was so upset when I found a website that had superimposed pictures of other people faces onto Trig’s body and had hateful comments from people so obviously partisan that they ignored any decency they might have at one time possessed.

I frequently have been sent vicious, partisan, irrational email rants from Republicans. I hear those right-wing nut jobs on the radio and watch clips of them on the internet; but somehow I missed their left-wing equivalent; either because there are fewer or because I don’t frequent their websites.

I hereby declare both extremists groups to be the same – both lacking in decency, and rationality. I don’t understand how one can be so partisan that anything that might cause one to question one’s position is automatically discarded; but perhaps, that’s because I became a Democrat in my 20’s.

I suggest that both groups of extremists take a deep breath, and step back. Extreme Republicans perhaps you could stop suggesting that Obama isn’t a citizen (because after all even if his mom wasn’t an American citizen, he was born in a state which makes him a de facto citizen; and isn’t that part of the reason you don’t like illegal aliens to have babies here?). And extreme Democrats perhaps you could stop making fun of disabled children because that REALLY PISSES ME OFF! And it says a lot about the kind of people you are: cruel, petty and small.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...