Friday, September 5, 2008

Bringing me back from the Abyss

My dad called me to mention that my blog seemed angry and hostile lately. I said it was because I cared so deeply about our country. He suggested that perhaps I could try screaming in my bathroom as an alternative to blogging about it. I told him I’d think about it.

He said that my political rants seemed at odds with the rest of my blog. I agreed. But I’ve always had strong opinions and the editing feature doesn’t always work in my brain. I feel so strongly about some things that it’s hard for me to understand why everyone doesn’t agree.

When I asked my husband why politics doesn’t drive him as crazy as it does me, he said, “I find out enough to make my voting decisions then I let it go.”

Oh . . . that’s seems healthier doesn’t it? I think it’s because he has a calmer personality than me. I agreed to tone down my rhetoric. Then my dad said that I could always get a dog.

I will blog about the winner of the election and about my conversion to the Dark Side but I'll try to leave it at that.


It is always in season for old men to learn. Aeschylus

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...