Sunday, April 3, 2011

My husband helped me figure out what I was doing wrong

Saturday my husband and Lizzy went over to thtudnwmtb and he came home hyperventilating.  “I should have gone over there Friday night instead of working.  And I should have gone over there at 4 in the morning when I was awake.”  The silly man was worried about our slowly drying out house.  He wandered around our house gathering tools to throw in the back of the van and muttering to himself.
“Ah,” I said to myself, “he didn’t meet Charlie the Plasterer, my new best friend, who is going to make everything better.”  I asked him if he wanted me to go ever and help tear down walls.  He did.  (That’ll teach me to offer.)

(Now to explain the title – and yes, this is exactly what it’s like to have a conversation with me) Well, what I did wrong was to try and cut out the drywall with a cutting tool while worrying about cutting into a live wire and killing myself.   (I don’t care so much for myself because I’d be dead --that is unless it hurt -- but I don’t think it’d be good for my family!)  My husband’s method of dewalling (What? That’s totally a word!) drywall involved a crowbar and ripping out chucks of the damp drywall.

His method worked so much better than mine!  If I’d known about the crowbar method the entire basement would have been on my front lawn so much earlier!

Lizzy and Jake’s job was to take containers of unwanted wall chunks and soggy insulation outside to our new lawn ornament (a dumpster).  Weirdly they were more interested in knocking holes in the wall and watching William.

Yes, we brought William over.  We figured nothing says “this is who we are” to the neighbors as much as watching us chase William down the street.  And since they already called the police on us surely they’d call if they saw Will wandering around.

(insert a picture of the family covered in gray crap next to ripped open walls – and btw this same picture is going into new year’s Christmas letter!)

Familyof6 Construction Company

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...