Monday, April 18, 2011

Best. April. Vacation. Ever.

We were planning on going to D.C. again.  After all there are plenty of art museums I haven’t dragged my children to.  But we bought thtudnwmtb and my husband suggested we stay home and work on it instead.

He’s in South Carolina.

So, today I took Bri and Elizabeth to thtudnwmtb, handed each a shovel and asked them to scrape little pieces of dried drywall off the basement cement.  Bri felt a little awkward about it because two plumbers were in the basement putting in our boiler and it was just weird.  Elizabeth was just annoyed she couldn't help me paint.  I told her not to worry; there was plenty of painting to be done.

I’m paying them in Dunkin’ Donuts.

Bri’s poison:  Jelly Filled

Elizabeth’s:  White frosting with sprinkles

Most awesome part of the day from Elizabeth’s perspective:  Spying on the neighbor who was dumping his leaves in our yard.

Most awesome part of the day from my perspective:  Bringing the Dunkin’ Donuts’ card with 1 penny on it rather than the one with twenty bucks.  “Really you want me to pay more than that?”  Next question:  How long have I been hanging on to that card?  

And why?

2 comments:

Big Daddy Autism said...

I work for donuts. Not true. I don't work.

Life as the mother of 4 said...

Donuts are one of things worth working for.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...