Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Earthfest

Last Saturday my husband, Lizzy and I went into Boston for Earthfest.  I wanted to hear the Gin Blossoms and Collective Soul.  Sadly, I missed Marcy Playground but I didn’t want to spend the whole day waiting around in the sun.  At the end of the day I realized that I’m way too old to go to free concerts peopled with 15 year-olds.  I don’t think I’ll make my husband go next year.

But it was a completely different experience to be there with only Lizzy.  Going somewhere with a completely typical child is easy.  I wasn’t pinched a single time.  I wasn’t asked for a piggyback.  She waited patiently in line.  No one looked at us at all.  No, she wasn’t perfect but man, it was stress free.  I forget how vigilant I am with Will in a crowd, especially a crowd like this.  He would have hated being there!  He would have wanted to get away from all the people.  He would have hung on me the whole time and I probably would have given him a short(!) piggyback ride out of desperation.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...