Friday, May 1, 2009

The Pitfalls of Working from Home

My husband is taking Jake camping this weekend with the scouts. It’s going to rain non-stop so it looked like the perfect weekend to go. We have some cast iron skillets and a dutch oven he wanted to bring so he rubbed them with oil and put them in the oven to season. Then he went back in his office to run a conference call.

About fifteen minutes later the fire alarm when off. I went in the hall to shut it off. I disconnected it from the ceiling but it kept telling me “Warning, warning!” I pulled out the batteries and silenced the voice. I opened all the windows, turned on the fan and watched the house fill up with oily smoke. When the downstairs smoke detector went off, I looked at it. Couldn’t see a way to easily turn it off and decided to ignore it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...