Sunday, November 9, 2008

It just as easily could have taken out the fence!

A couple of weeks ago, a 30 foot branch from one of our trees fell onto some of our bushes. We cleared that out today. My husband got out his chain saw and started hacking away at the branches. That must have emboldened us to channel our inner lumberjack because he mentioned that he wanted to take down two more trees. I said, “Why don’t we just go for it.” The first one was easy but we were concerned about the second. It was really tall and it leaned over our beautiful fence. We had about five feet between the fence and our shed where it would need to fall. We got out the ladder and tied a rope around the trunk and my husband started sawing away. I pulled on the rope and dropped that tree one foot parallel to the fence. My husband had to pause and admire how well we had done. We probably saved ourselves $800. I was so impressed with myself I suggested we take out more trees behind our house and make the kids a bigger play area.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...