Sunday, October 5, 2008

Game Playing Friends

On Saturday, an old pinochle playing friend from college came by. He was in Boston for a few days so he came over for dinner. We used to play with him and his wife frequently. I miss playing cards because we haven’t found “game playing friends” here.

So, we played Wiz War which is one of the coolest games in the world, especially the expansion set! My husband stomped us in less than twenty minutes so it was a quick game. But we made up for that with the longest game of Settlers of Catan I’ve ever played. It lasted over three hours! By that time I didn't care who won, I just wanted someone to put me out of my misery. The kids didn’t get to bed until after 11. Good thing it was Saturday night.

2 comments:

The Hansen's said...

We had the same 'lack of game playing friends' problem when we moved to Colorado. It's gotten even worse since we moved here! :(
I miss it. I'm glad you had fun!

Life as the mother of 4 said...

At least my kids are getting old enough to play now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...