Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Water Shortage Update

I got back to my apartment after exercising with the hope that the water would still be on. I tested it . . . it was. No time to waste! The clock was ticking! Would I make it? I quickly striped down and hopped in the shower. First shampoo the hair, then rinse it out. Would I make it? Success. I soap up. What is this? The water starts faultering, splurting from the shower head. It’s a race against time! Would I run out of water while still soapy? The Man replaced the regular showerheads with low flow on Monday. Would that be my undoing? Would I show up at a friend’s house soapy and begging for water? Or would I be reduced to lurking through neighborhoods looking for kiddy pools? Cupping my hands under the dribbling water I manage to catch enough to rinse myself off.

I feel like Scarlet O’Hara in the garden. Only I’m hoarding an orange juice jug filled with water because all my pitchers are in storage in Texas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL,I can see you in a towel and soap suds looking for water!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...