Sunday, August 3, 2008

Book Review

What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception

Basic premise: I'm a good guy who was completely deceived by the Bush administration and it's Clinton's fault anyway.

Very selective about what he includes. I was tremendously disappointed not to read anything about the Bush takeover of the White House. Remember when Bush's team said that the Democrats had trashed the White House and had removed all the "W"s from the keyboards? The FBI investigated and found nothing to support that lie. He didn't cover that at all. Go figure. Maybe because he would have had to take some personal responsibility for lying.

McClellan also talked about Bush's past cocaine use. But that came out before he was elected.

I stopped reading this book about 50 or so pages in, so it wasn't great. Maybe it gets better later on I'm not sure. Scott McClellan didn't impress me. I was excited to read this book because I thought it might involve some self reflection. Let me know if it does later on.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...