Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I am on FIRE!

Monday we got some very sad news.  MyGym is closing.  Will has attended a weekly class there for five years.  I’m very sad because there really isn’t much available for children with severe needs.  I left a voicemail on Monday for the Youth and Family Director at the Y about creating a class for kids with special needs.  I talked to her and the Executive director today about the class and they’re interested.  Then I called the Autism Alliance and they’re willing to help.  So, I’m hopeful.  But I want more than just one class; so, I also called the person who runs all the music classes at the Y and asked her to have a class specifically for children on the spectrum.  We are meeting next week to discuss it.  I’m pretty sure that the music class will work out.

And since I was on a roll I called a go-getting friend and asked if she would help me start a community center for adults with autism.  We’re going to start touring existing facilities after summer vacation.

Marcy – I volunteered you to help.  Thanks.

3 comments:

Meet the Reeders said...

You are AMAZING!

Eileen said...

That is awesome! Keep it up!

Kim Wombles said...

That is incredible! Yay for you and for your community!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...