Monday, June 14, 2010

Team Jeward

Lizzy and I went to a book club on Friday.  One of my friends decided to start a mother daughter book club and I want Lizzy to improve her reading so it seemed like a perfect fit.  Lizzy hasn't found her genre yet so she doesn't read much and it's like pulling teeth to get her to do it.  We decided to read the first book in the Gregor of Overlander series (my recommendation) and The Little Princess (definitely, not my recommendation as I have always disliked that book -- I don't know why because I really like the Secret Garden).  Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers that this will work and Lizzy's reading will improve.

Everything was fine at the book group until I mentioned that my book boyfriend was Hector from the Iliad. As they were not familiar with that term I had to explain it. I choose to do so in the easiest way possible.  Example sentence:  "Edward Cullen is the book boyfriend for many teenage girls."  Brianne and I are not on team Edward as we find him creepy and obsessively possessive.  And as much as I would like to have a sparkly book boyfriend, he is only 17 and I don't think Robert Patterson is attractive.  Taylor/Jacob on the other hand is very attractive but he is even younger and my internal inappropriate-o-meter goes off.  And really -- I'm not interested in having a monster book boyfriend anyway.  Thus Jacob can't be my book boyfriend.  Brianne is not interested in either of them either, though many of her friends are.  So, we started our own team -- Team Jedward.  We get all the benefits we want, with none of the disadvantages.  

Examples:
Sparkly -- check.  
Washed hair -- check.

You get the idea.  But I would never leave Hector for Jedward.  We've been in a long-term relationship since 1988.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...