Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It’s Not a Mud Pie

I really thought I would have my house unpacked by now and I would be taking down wall paper. I was delusional. I forgot I owned so much crap. I don’t know where to put anything so I started a pile of things to get rid of but it's not big enough to make a difference yet. I was putting Lizzy to bed when I heard the gut clenching sound (for me) of water hitting the floor. Will was the only other person in the house and even if he wasn’t, statistically speaking he is responsible for at least 80% of the really large messes made in our house.

There was a time when our favorite Massaman curry paste was out of stock in the Asian market and it can take months for more to come in. So my husband bought a lot of spices and experimented with making his own spice blend. We still have a lot of those spices left. Will dumped out four cups of cumin and was adding a significant amount of water. I don't know if he was hungry or just wanted a little more zing in his food. Anyway, he took his third bath of the day while I cleaned up the floor, counter, cabinets and previously washed dishes.

Oh, why did we keep those spices?

1 comment:

Melissa Clay said...

I would rather have spices then poop. My friend told me that her nephew smeared poop all over. Fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...