Monday, June 23, 2008

I freaked out my dad

The 911 post I wrote had him worried. He tried calling my cell and the home number but people like to chat with me on the day I’m moving (because apparently I don’t have enough to do) so I was in the backyard with Bri’s friend’s dad who was picking up his daughter. When I answered the phone the next time my dad called he said, “It was the house wasn’t it?”

“What?” I asked.

“The house hurt your husband, right?”

“Yes.”

I’ve convinced my dad the house is angry at us. He advised me to start threatening it with bodily harm it anything else breaks. I don’t think my dad realizes the amount of damage my children and I can inflict on the house in normal living conditions. Threatening it with more damage might cause it to have convulsions or a nervous breakdown. We would probably have to commit it to a mental hospital for evaluation. That would mean a longer commute for my husband and I’d have to change bus routes again so I think we will have to come to some sort of understanding. Perhaps it will feel better when I put away some of the boxes cluttering it up.

I think my dad is really worried because he figures if it came down to the house and me -- the house would win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be worried to

JD

Life as the mother of 4 said...

Thanks! Thanks a lot, I'm a lot tougher than I look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...