Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The kind of vacation that my husband would naturally plan


My husband is going to El Salvador in about a week with a friend to ride motorcycles in the jungle.

The only problem I foresee is that my husband doesn’t actually know how to ride a motorcycle and today he informed me that the tour starts in the capital city.  (Perhaps I can check out a book on motorcycle riding for him from the library.) 

On the positive side his friend is fluent in Spanish.  They are staying with his friend’s extended family who are planning on chauffeuring them around.  And if someone isn’t available they can call “transportation” and for 15 bucks they can ride in the back of a pickup anywhere within 2 hours!  Hopefully they will be the first two picked up and will therefore get the prime seat over the wheels.

My husband’s friend’s wife Jackie has requested that they return with fifty pounds of cheese*. 

My biggest regret is that I am not going because I believe that this vacation will be very entertaining. 


*Apparently the cheese is very good.  I also requested some cheese to try; however, I specifically said that fifty pounds was too much as I worried that they would be unable to go through customs with two suitcases full of 100 pounds of really good El Salvadorian cheese!

Riding Motorcycles in the Jungle Day 1

Riding Motorcycles in the Jungle Day 2

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...