Sunday, February 14, 2010

How to write an incendiary blog post

In the Ideas section of the Boston Globe, Chris Clarke wrote a delightful and satirical column, How to write an incendiary blog post.  From the first sentence "This sentence contains a provocative statement that attracts the readers’ attention, but really has very little to do with the topic of the blog post." He quite simply nailed it.  I enjoyed it so much I started reading it aloud to my husband.  

Clarke's dissection of a typical incendiary blog post ranged from the spot on "This sentence contains a link to the most egregiously ill-argued, intemperate, hateful, and ridiculous example of such people the author could find. This sentence is a three-word refutation of the post linked in the previous sentence, the first of which three words is 'Um.'"  To the sublime -- "This sentence contains a link to an Internet video featuring a cat playing a piano."  And as a result of reading this article there is only one thing I can do.  I am literally forced to find a facebook page dedicated to him and become a fan.  That being said ...  I shall close with the invitation for my readers to "respond freely and without constraint as long as" you agree with me.

2 comments:

Kim Wombles said...

I liked Clarke's post enough that I linked to it for my freshman comp 2 class I teach to look at. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am responding freely and without constraint. Don't worry; i agree! Hahahahahahahahahah!
-Brianne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...